Friday, December 17, 2004

Just Hang In There

I have a really bad cold, runny nose, headache, stomach ace. I also have two finals in my most difficult classes: Advanced Placement Chemistry and 4th Year French. I also have hives. Yep I've gotten so nervous that I've broken out in hives, in some places on my body I've already scratched off some skin, now the area is raw, red and stings. I feel fucking-ucking miserable and I'm sick of reading Les Miserables.

In Honors Gov. we basically had a party. Most of the guys were playing Halo but there were a couple taking turns playing guitar. The girls just gossiped as usual via e-mail. They also started circulating pictures of "tub girl" so they could laugh at your reaction to it. If you don't know, DON'T ASK. I am serious you're better off not knowing. Most people screamed and ran.

A few made T-shirts to celebrate Crocket sticking with our class. Our original teacher, Mr. Smith quit one week into class because we were such unruly, terrible students. He just scribbled "I Quit" on the dryerase board and stormed out. Smith's replacement and substitute turned de facto teacher was Monsieur Crockett. A lawyer who has his license revoked for stealing several thousand dollars.

Since then students have reported sightings of Mr. Smith at everywhere from the Post Office to West Mall. I thought I saw him at Godfather's pizza a few days ago when leaving guitar lessons. As one student put it. He is a UFB. An Unidentified Fat bald guy. That may or may not have been Smith I saw but he definitely fit the description. Personally I liked Smith, I thought he was intelligent and a good teacher, I was sad to see him go. I feel I would have learned a lot. However lets be practical, I had a huge work load already and any more would have hurt my GPA. Mr. C let us off easy most of the time. Though he was a government official and I did learn some things from him too.

For the most part I didn't participate in this "party" I was too busy studying for my Chem final next period. I just barely finished cramming all the knowledge into my head that I needed when the bell rang. Actually I didn't get the molarity equations. I took the test for all 1:50 minutes. It was very hard. Possibly not the hardest test I'd ever taken but pretty damn close. I'm walking away with a good feeling about it too. Though last time I also did and I got a 'C' on it but this time, for this one rare occasion, I feel confident.

Next was Jazz Band. For the love of god I do not know what happens to all the reeds, picks, and drum sticks. It seems they just vanish when it comes time to play, they must go to the same place all those missing socks in the dryer do. Perhaps another parallel dimension or universe? When I get to college I'll have to research that as a science experiment. Mr. Holland's son led the band today. He is just like his dad except for some reason he is relentlessly peppy; and preppy actually. The guy looks like he stepped out of a j-crew catalog.

When lunch came, I decided I was too sick and too tired to take the French 4 final. I called the office and tried to excuse my self as usual, but got nervous and panicked and hung up. I called Mom and begged her to get me out of it. She did. So I have a little extra time to study for it.

I went home and took a 3 hour nap then went to work. Finals week part 2 continues come Monday. Oh, boy.

"No, I can't wish you luck. If you get extra luck there might be less available for me." - Dilbert

http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20041219.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate