Thursday, December 02, 2004

You Smell Like Smoke

Today was a pretty good day. Didn't start out that way though, I made a point to get to Computer Mastery on time but because of some assholes on the highway I was forced to get off on the wrong exit (They were in much nicer cars than mine, I should have just rammed them into a ditch and kept going). I ended up in one of those shit hole towns nearby. You know, the ones that consist of a barn, a grain elevator, one paved road and a field with some horses. It was one of many nearby hick towns that supplies Best Buy with a seemingly endless stream of annoying customers who drove all the way to the big city to by the latest Tim McGraw or Terry Clark Album and an ink cartridge. Anyway, I managed to get to class only 20 minutes late despite my unplanned detour to Auburn.

Foods 2 went well, our group cooked Chicken Tetrazini, and a chocolate brownie for desert. The post-meal treat for me though was that I didn't have to cleanup afterwards. I left early to go to an orthodontist appointment.

I took a test on Celtic mythology then spent the last hour of school reading magazines in library. One magazine, this pet mag, had an entire article featuring why cats urinate on fence posts and how cats are superior to dogs because they are uninteresting, self-serving and completely ignore you. Fascinating stuff, really. This is the kind of stuff you read when someone else has gotten their hands on the latest Wired or Popular Science.

At 8:00 I went to a local bar Booby Tr ap, to hear a friend's band play as well as another group from Tulsa, Oklahoma. When I arrived I received a warm welcome to say the least, despite several request I don't think anyone expected me to come. I paid the woman at the door and she stamped both my hands so I could leave and come back. Good thing too, the place was crowed and many of the occupants were smokers which meant you had to step outside a few times. There were some regulars in the back playing pool but most of the people on the floor for the show were former CSers all were current or former students of our high school. AJ was there handing out free CDs. I thought both bands were good but, though I hate to admit it, I think the OK guys were better. Overall a really good show, had fun. My only complaint was the smoke which irritated my throat to the point where I was coughing all night. Damn those three girls and their camels. Marissa was there, she said that the bar was really crappy. Now that I think about it I guess it was, I could probably build a better one in my basement (like on Family Guy) it's actually be larger too. There was a TV there too, unfortunately, Damn. There's just no escaping the Sci-Fi channel is there? We were forced to watch it waiting for the bands to start.
Ed: She's hot *the girl on TV*
Me: No, don't check her out, it's on Sci-Fi.
Ed: So?
Me: So she'll probably turn into something nasty.
Aj: Or get get fucked by a bunch of phallic tentacles
I exchanged numbers with several people. There is a planned band battle on Sunday. I haven't decided if I'll go yet. I need to save money. One humorous detail of the night was that Phillip's sister was there. His sister is 6, apparently he was supposed to be staying home with her while his mother was gone but since he was the bass player...Yeah. So after the gig he rushed home in a very Ferris Beuler manner to beat his Mom back. I left and got home around 11, just in time to watch two hours of TV before going to sleep.

Me: Would you like to dance?
Girl: What?
Me: Wanna dance?!
Girl: What?!
Me: Dance! Ah, forget it.
Girl: Hey, lets dance!
Me: Huh?!!

Aged Comments

several people meaning... several girls nice job
jessica | 12.04.04 - 4:51 am | #

Several is misleading. Three girls, none of which I'm going to call, soon anyway; and one guy wanting me to come see his next performance
lsob | 12.04.04 - 10:08 pm | #

too bad.
jessica | 12.05.04 - 5:12 pm | #

Nah, not for me.
lsob | 12.05.04 - 10:01 pm | #

why so?
jessica | 12.06.04 - 12:06 am | #

Well, there's only one girl I'm really interested in right now. If I can't hook up with her...being with anyone else would feel like a chore.
lsob | 12.06.04 - 4:47 pm | #

good luck with that
jessica | 12.06.04 - 7:04 pm | #

Thanks, I'll need it. Oh crap am I going to need it.
lsob | 12.07.04 - 1:21 am | #

sigh... after reading you last entry, apparently you have admirers w/ wobly jublies... enjoy :P
jessica | 12.07.04 - 1:28 pm | #

>.< It's not that particular trait that's gross. It's just that she was one big jumblie.

"You see, I was looking for Dr. Evil when the Fembots came out and smoke started coming out of their jumblies." - Austin Powers
lsob | 12.07.04 - 4:38 pm | #

now i get the reference
jessica | 12.07.04 - 9:58 pm | #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate