Friday, March 26, 2004

I Had A Dream

I suppose I should write this down before I forget, it’s 10:35 I’ve just awaken from two very strange dreams and here they are. The first dream involved me leaving school around lunch time and wandering around in the parking lot behind it. First thing you should know the parking lot behind my school isn’t a lot at all. It’s just a strip of spaces running along the street. This however was a lot, one I recognized before as behind a particular Synagogue. The parking lot seemed to stretch on for an infinitely long distance (a reoccurring theme in my dreams). My beat up old car was parked sideways through two spaces in the middle of the lot (How could someone know the middle of an infinitely long lot? Not sure but I did). I opened the door stepped out and saw a figured walking towards me, at first I couldn’t make him out because it was a bright day and there were those heat waves rippling off the concrete but when he got closer I could see that it was AJ. Who else would be almost 7 feet tall with wild dreadlocks. He got in on the passenger side and put a CD he burned himself in to the player. The CD seemed to be a recording of an AM radio station, some old guy began talking about how there was going to a heat wave. I told AJ I was going inside to get my back pack and then I told him jokingly not to steal my car. I went inside an after what seemed like hours returned lugging my 90 pound backpack. What had once been a completely vacant parking lot was filled with billions people and cars, there was no way I’d find mine. I picked up my enormous pack and began quickly searching through the mass of people and vehicles. In the process I ran into and floored Dixon. He decided this was grounds to beat me up so he chased after me. I hopped away bouncing like Super Mario or Neil Armstrong. I didn’t even realize I could jump that high, it just sort of surprised me when a small hop turned into a leap 30 or 40 feet in the air. I would drift down slowly at the same rate then hop again. No matter how fast I flailed my arms this didn’t change. From the air the entire school looked like a trailer park instead of the gothic architecture it’s known for. One of trailers I recognized as the place where I learned science in 6th grade. They were adding on to the building then so we had to have class in there. When I finally landed again, I ran inside the trailer and found my sophomore chemistry teacher in the middle of a lab. He yelled at me for disturbing the class, then turned to light a balloon filled with hydrogen on fire. The same demonstration he does every year to kick off the class, it exploded and I woke up.

ER was on when I woke up, and it was at the beginning of the show! I should leave the TV on every night. Well that’s it I’m going to go grab some breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate