Thursday, May 20, 2004

2 days left

I woke up around 1:30 this morning from an unusually intense nightmare. My dreams are almost always boring, monochromatic, or just so strange and cryptic you can never interpret anything from them, assuming there is anything to be interpreted. In my dream I entered my English classroom and found it empty except for one guy. I don't know his name but on Tuesday he had tried to sell me some coin for $10.00. He was really annoying and creepy looking and about as persistent as the sales commissioned sales people at Radio Shack. I finally told him to get lost, I do collect coins but the one he was trying to push on me looked as if it came with Frosted Flakes I could hardly tell if it was metal or plastic. Anyway the guy was the only one in the classroom and we got involved in some argument pertaining to seating arrangement; he was wasting my time, arguing only for the sake of arguing. Banter, he thought this was funny, maybe it was his way of being friendly, either way it was stupid and I told him this. Realizing that I truly bothered he decided to bug me further, he called me something even I'm uncomfortable repeating and I almost killed him. Milliseconds before a fight I always get that over-tensed-spastic feeling. I was about to strike him when I woke up, I screamed angrily almost like some deranged battle cry. Once I realized I was awake I panicked because my body actually felt the way it had in the dream and I had a terrible skull splitting headache, it felt like someone was driving an ice pick into it. I had a relative who died in her sleep when she had an aneurysm, I actually wondered if that was what happened. I explained to Mom why I had been screaming then forced myself to go back to bed because I had finals today and needed rest. Who would have thought a dream could actually give you a surge of adrenaline when you are awake?

When I finally woke up again it was 9:00 I had missed my French final which was okay because there is a make up time tomorrow. Mom had let me sleep in, good because I needed more time to study for that one anyway. I showered dressed and went to school. Took my Physics final, she always writes all of the scores up on the board to compare them to each class. There were two 90+s in mine and the rest were 80 or 70-somethings. There was one 54, I was afraid I had gotten that 54; but I actually got 84. I felt really bad for whoever got the F, I think I know who just by his body language. I talked with Molly about Dogma and some other things then I went to see Mr. T to ask him to sign my textbook turn in sheet. (if all your teachers sign it you get money back at the end of school) I didn't find him in his room so I went next door knowing that he spends time with Mrs. Hayes when they are not teaching. I found them both in her room, with the door closed and the lights off. I entered and asked if I was interrupting anything. I was only half joking, it did look dubious. They laughed anyway and Mr. T signed my paper. I said goodbye to Rob, Selma, and Rachel then went home.

I started taking the kidney medication today, so far no side effects but it did say something about impairing my ability to operate machinery or drive a vehicle. It said use care until I become familiar with it; shouldn't be a problem since my car is in for more repairs. Time to go study.

"It takes two to speak the truth: one to speak, and another to hear." -Henry David Thoreau

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate