Thursday, May 13, 2004

Post No. 222

Last night there was a storm. Lot of lightning, rain, and wind. This morning when I woke up I found lots of trees in the yard and it was very cold. I probably haven't been this cold since winter, it felt even worse because I was wearing one of my gray T-shirts and because I am pressed for time every morning I didn't bother going back to get a coat or something. School starts at 8:00 am and I usually get up at 7:10, 6:50 at the very earliest; school is about ten minutes away and it is often difficult to find parking. Despite this, I always sleep in the maximum time possible. An extra five or ten minutes probably isn't that significant but for some reason I feel as if it is. I took a quiz in French over subjunctives and watched parts of a subtitled movie. After class attended half of an assembly honoring seniors who were also teacher's pets. When I grew tired of this I left and went to Schlotzsky's. The ROTC teacher stopped me and asked me if I had a pass to leave early, I showed him one of my counterfeits and he glanced briefly at it then let me leave. I wish he had checked it more carefully though, since I put work into making them. After my meal at Schlotzsky's. I reached the conclusion that I probably should have gone to Quizno's instead. Around this time it started pouring rain again. When I got back to school I thought I was going to be late but the assembly ran over it's allotted time by nearly half an hour so I just sat outside the classroom waiting for the auditorium to empty and class to begin. Molly and Meg were there too. They had skipped the assembly entirely and arrived back in time for class to begin only to find that the door was locked and the hallways which were normally packed with people were mostly empty except for a few others who had skipped and come back. One of the "teachers" (the district employs some people, uneducated antisocial old women, to perform odd jobs and tasks for the school but teach no classes) shouted at us all to go down to first floor and wait for the assembly to let out or she would call security; so we left. People started leaving as soon as we went down so we turned around and went right back up again. I took a test in physics, I made a small cheat sheet with a few formulas on it and stuck it in my calculator. Turns out I didn't really need it though, the test was very easy it covered potential difference, power, charge, and resistance. All stuff I new quite well. I laughed because Carm got caught writing on the desk with a pencil. In U.S. history I took notes on the 1960's and finished watching We Were Soldiers. We probably should have watched Platoon instead. My Mom picked me from school today since I didn't drive, she told me that the doctor had prescribed a small dosage of some pills for me that would supposedly help prevent kidney failure. Well that's about it. The events of my day were mostly boring but today, I like boring.

"Don't be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life so." - Henry David Thoreau

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate