Sunday, May 23, 2004

Ah, le week-end

Free day, no home work. So I spent most of it watching movies or sleeping. I had to go to an employee meeting at Best Buy at 8:00 but besides that I had nothing else that needed to be done, I went to see the movie Troy while Mom and Elle went to Shrek 2.

TROY 7x(_Y_) [ or you can make 'em like (_)_) ]

In my not-so-humble opinion Troy fluctuated between times of intense interest and borderline boredom. It’s definitely not one of my favorites but it certainly wasn’t bad either. I think Homer would have been impressed (No, not Simpson you shit head). My favorite character was prince Hector, played by Eric Bana and I didn’t really care for the rest. Helen was horrendous ho, Achilles was an a-hole and a douchebag, Paris (what the fuck kind of name is that? Couldn’t stop thinking about Hilton) was a pussy. Historians and archaeologists hate it. They say it is riddled with historical inaccuracies such as the coin placing on the eyes and some of Helen’s Jewry. I doubt most audiences will care though. I think the masses will come regardless; ladies to ogle Brad’s buns o’ steel and funny shaped head; guys expecting to see another Gladiator (probably not to see Diane Kruger, but compared to the other ladies in the film I could see why the Greeks would have been smitten with her)This movie kicks ass, but only seven out of ten.

28 Days Later 8x(_Y_)

Wow. I loved this movie. I am tempted to say it is like an English version of Dawn of the Dead, but 28 Days Later came out first and really, though both movies deal with survivors battling hordes of undead zombies (or infected freaks, I like 28's explanation) both films have a totally different feel. I loved the images of London and the countryside on the way to Manchester, I thought the ending was better than Dawn of The dead because as opposed to killing off the finals characters on a boat in lake Michigan they are rescued (perhaps?) by the British air force. The ending was the only part I preferred though, Dawn of the Dead as a whole was probably better. I meant to see it in theaters but was too busy and had to wait for it to come out on DVD. I thought it was great, if you haven’t seen it you need to. 28 Days Later kicks 8 asses.

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate