Friday, May 21, 2004

Free At Last!

I arrived at school at the usual 8:00 am. Didn’t have to though, School didn’t officially start until 9:30 today. It was assumed that everyone had already taken their second hour finals so there was really no reason to come unless you were there to make one up. Remember the sick day yesterday? Yeah, so now you know why I was there. Just one problem, Mme Walsh was not in her classroom. It was locked and dark. I waited around for a few minutes and when she didn’t show, sat down to read over the subjunctive stuff again for some last minute studying. Soon that “last minute” passed and I stood up and left, I had about hour and no better way to spend it.

I wandered around for a while until I found Nickel sitting in the hallway listening to Spike play her guitar. I smiled at the memory of Spike getting the crap beat out of him, though it was a shame really. He seemed like a cool guy to me. Nickel would listen then try to guess what song Spike was playing. She didn’t know most of them but I thought it was easy, the majority of the songs he played were by Jet. Nickel’s friends came the sexy-but-geeky-girl and the stupid-chunky-loudmouth-girl. Nickel and I studied for our English final with them. After I finished going over the stories I need to know and understand I left and returned to wandering the halls aimlessly. That’s when I heard a loud voice coming from the cafeteria, I looked in and saw all the teacher eating brunch and listening to the Principal read a speech. In one of the middle lunch tables was none other than Mme Walsh. I was pissed. My Mom had e-mailed her telling her I was sick, and wasn’t this the time for the make up final?! I left angrily and asked the Carrot-Top-School-Cop what was going on. He said that if we no students scheduled a make up final with the teacher they were free to attend brunch. I didn’t mind having to get up an hour later though, it allowed me the time I needed to study for the finals which I think I did great on. However, I still needed to take the French final exam eventually. I walked to Wal-Greens and bought some Triscuits and Easy Cheese that were on sale, then used my buy one get one free cap on some Mountain Dew: Live Wire. I returned to school with my snacks and waited for her to leave the cafeteria so I could schedule a new time to take the French final. There was a second make up final time set for 2:00 but she refused to do it then because she wanted to go to the graduation rehearsal (Oh yeah I needed to go also!) So I came up with an idea, Coach said that the only thing we would have to do for weight lifting is show up. I could make an appearance, then leave and come to French and take the final. Mme Walsh agreed, so she signed a pass for me and I left.

I took the English final which was easy, many complained that they were not prepared to take it because Mrs. Harris did not tell students they needed to read all stories. I think this is true, and because this is her last year teaching Mrs. Harris has been somewhat apathetic. Cassie whined about how she didn’t want to be in class with Mrs. Harris because yesterday she told Cassie to “drop dead” She cheered up when I reluctantly agreed to share my food with her and half the class. After that I went to Weight Lifting, said high, signed in then left and went to French. Took the final, which was very difficult even with my illegal cheat sheet. Mme Walsh eats a lot of candy and she gave me many of the leftovers. I handed in my test, said goodbye and then left to turn in my textbook form.

At the end of every school year we turn in our books to teachers, and they sign this sheet of carbon paper, if all your teachers sign saying that you have returned the book in good condition you get 10$ If you turn in your locker lock you get $2.00. I tired to slip my sheet in without the division principal noticing but he saw that two of my teacher spaces were unsigned. They were both from classes I had last semester. $10.00 isn’t that big of a deal but it was free and I wanted it, I weaved in and out the hallways crowed with 3,000+ students, piles of trash and stacks of notebooks. Each teacher lived on opposite sides of the building on opposite floors so I would need to be quick before they left and went home. On the way I tried to drop off my lock but they said they were out of money and I decided to come back later. (good thing too, I think some of those people who had been waiting in line were going to riot if they didn’t get their measly $2.00) I found my teachers made them sign and took off again, on my way to claim my $10.00 someone dropped a giant water balloon off the third floor and it broke right in front of me. The Carrot-Top-School-Cop was on his way up to find the perpetrator when someone else threw a water balloon at him. I laughed because this was funny, and because I heard another cop say “10-4” over the radio…I didn’t know people actually said “10-4” My mom was unable to pick me up so she sent Marty to get me, she told me she didn’t want me to stay after school any longer than necessary to with “those people”

Marty picked me up, I got a vanilla shake from McDonalds and then I went over to the Exposition Center for the graduation rehearsal. I met with the other usher in the center of a vast arena with a concrete floor. I had been there only twice before to see a boat and car show with my Dad as well as the Sesame Street Live performances when I was a little kid. The center was used for the circus, concerts, and for gun shows; now it was decorated for the graduation. With large white bulbed “Christmas lights” crisscrossing the large ceiling and several rows of chairs with a stage in front and surrounded by stadium seating. We practiced the graduation procedure with the class of 2004, faculty members, and daisy chain. We practiiced this routine until 3:30 pm and then finally I went home, I wouldn't return to school for another three months; but for some reason it was hard to accept. Since September I've scheduled everythingI wanted to do around classes and homework now I was free do do what I wanted when I wanted. I had my own transportation and plenty of money. it was the best feeling in the world.

Re: the daisies

Me - "So why did you want to lead them so badly?"
Usher Guy - "Because they're all hot girls who will still be here next year."
Me - "That's what I thought, I just wanted to see if you were thinking the same thing as me."
Usher Guy - "Dude, I would tear DC up....well maybe not her." *points*
Me - "More like daisy train then."
Usher Guy - *laughs*

DisorderRating
Paranoid:Very High
Schizoid:Very High
Schizotypal:High
Antisocial:Moderate
Borderline:Low
Histrionic:Moderate
Narcissistic:High
Avoidant:Low
Dependent:Low
Obsessive-Compulsive:High

-- Personality Disorder Test - Take It! --



Mrs. Harris - "I can't believe you're a senior already!"
Me - "Yeah, it seems like only yesterday I was throwing books out your window."

"The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends." - Friedrich Nietzsche

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate