Monday, May 24, 2004

Twister! Yes? No? Maybe so?

http://movies.channel.aol.com/movie/main.adp?mid=15302

I awoke around 8:00 in the morning when my cell phone rang. It was my mom, of course. Who the fuck else would call me at 8:00? She just wanted to say some little piece of advice that I already knew. I did the "uh-huh" thing several thousand times then said bye in such a way that she understood that I didn't want to talk to her. She called back 15 minutes later to say something she forgot and I just hung up. She does this shit every morning, I finally don't have to go to school but I can't sleep in because of this. The phone rang again almost immediately, I was about to throw it as hard as I could into the wall when the screen IDed that it was a new number. I answered and it was the manager from Dairy Queen. He wanted to schedule another job interview with me. I needed money and my time at Best Buy wasn't really enough but it would be hell scheduling with two jobs. Even though I wasn't very enthusiastic I set up an interview. After that I watched TV, 500 channels and nothing I wanted to see. There were some movies on but I would prefer to just rent them so I could watch from the beginning instead of getting just half of it. I watched Paycheck on DVD. It was okay. I cooked a DiGorno pepperoni pizza for lunch and ate all but two slices. Then I went to work at 5:00. It was better than usual; I got to do some scanning today rather than just watch the other cashiers. Many of the customers said they were in a hurry to get home because they had heard tornado warnings on the radio. A couple employees said their cars had been pounded with hail but had it covered with insurance. At break time several people went outside and looked up (not the brightest thing to do if there is a tornado) the sky looked really bizarre but it was not windy. Supposedly there had actually been a funnel somewhere but it was miles away in one of those towns with like thirty people. The managers disappeared every now and then to glance at the weather-guy on TV. I don't know why though, if there was a tornado there was nothing they could do about it. No basement to seek cover in, and no way you'd want to drive home at a time like that. I actually wish there was one. I'm arrogant enough to assume I would survive, and then if the store were destroyed I'd loot the place and never have to work again. When my shift ended at 10:00 my dad picked me up and I went home, watched the Daily Show, Tough Crowd and the X-Files then I went to sleep.

"Perhaps I know why it is man alone who laughs: He alone suffers so deeply that he had to invent laughter." - Friedrich Nietzsche

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate