Thursday, December 23, 2004

Over The River

Mom and I went to Wichita today to visit my Grandparents. I watched King of The Hill with Grandpa and made a pathetic attempt to play piano. We also went to Best Buy to purchase a universal remote for Grandma. Their Best Buy is huge, nearly twice the size of ours. Now I know that my discount works everywhere, I was able to use it even though I was out of town. With it the remote was only $4.00; it works really well too. We also visited my cousins and aunt. They've moved into their new house and it is really nice. I just hate old houses so maybe I thought it was cooler than it actually was. Chris was really enjoying his Game boy DS. They sure have come along way, the Mario game was playing was on it was the same game I had for N64 back in '96, and it looked just as good. Jade forced us to watch Sleepover but we had to stop the movie about ten minutes into it because it was so painful to see. I almost cried; it angers me that movies like this even make it to the market. It's all about luck I guess; I think if I had the opportunity I could be great screenwriter. It seems like you can just put any shit on paper nowadays and it gets to the silver screen. What happened to the days of Lawrence of Arabia? For dinner we ate at a really nice Mexican restaurant, which in English would be called Grandfather's. It was kind of like On The Border, except it seemed fancier and had less of a Chili’s atmosphere and more of an Olive Garden feel. My aunt doesn't cook so they eat out almost every day of the week. On the way there and back Mom and I had our usual trapped in a small space conversations in this order:



1. Why is Wichita so much better than Topeka
More development, less rednecks.

2. Why Mom remarried
Because both Dad and Marty or needy pussies, but Marty and Mom respect each other, mostly. Whereas Dad and Mom just went head to head on everything that required decision-making.

3. Why Mom is smothering and I hate her
I need breathing room, back the fuck off

4. Why Dad is a deadbeat and I should hate him
Sorry, but I’ll take some freedom and independence over home cooked meals any day

5. What to do about Grandmother's Alzheimer’s.
Nothing because mom doesn’t have the guts to seek help, Grandma won’t because she has agoraphobia and hasn’t left the house in 10 years, so the verdict is to just let her health deteriorate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate