Sunday, December 05, 2004

Violent Reveries

I can usually only recall the ones that happen in early morning hours right before I awake. Today I awoke from a dream where I had invited some guy pretending to be retarded into the house for some reason I can't remember. I just know he was going door to door doing, once again, something I don't know. Anyway, I think he tried to steal something so I attacked him. We fought. We fought some more. Ended up going into the bathroom, I shoved him into the bath tub hitting his back on the edge then took the porcelain top off of the toilet's tank and beat him to death. I woke up around the time Mom walked into the bathroom and asked me why I was trying to dissolve a body in the tub with lye and was soaked in blood. In the real world, at that exact moment Mom was knocking on my door telling me that if I didn't wake up she would throw out whatever leftover breakfast their was. Real life and dreams often coincide like that. This was an unusual case, the more common one is dreaming that you have already woken up, showered, brushed your teeth etc. Then discovering you were asleep the entire time. This unusual dream may have been related to the events of the previous week where I tried selling stuff door to door for our band trip. Though I never pretended to be.....Mentally challenged.

For my mythology project I'm thinking it would be really cool to create a model of Daedalus' wings with wax and feathers. Whether or not I ever give such a creation a test flight will depend on how suicidal I'm feeling. The school bell tower would be a fun launching point, it would offer a great view of downtown before you're street puddle.

There wasn't much good on TV today. I watched Alfie (the 60s version) with TiVo. Ya know, for such a dated movie it wasn't all that bad. I liked the main character, thought he was funny. I'm looking forward to the new Alfie but it would be tough to beat the original. The whole family watched The Grinch, all I can say is that without Jim Carey it would have sucked. It had some really funny parts, definitely nothing like the animated one. I think the director/producer obviously wasn't aiming to create a duplicate of the classic book. Whether or not this is a good thing I'll let you decide. I've finished my homework in AP Chemistry (Quantum Mechanics stuff) and that just leaves French and this passe(how do you make these accented?) simple worksheet. At least I hope it's simple. I was supposed to meet my teacher and a group of students to discuss our trip to Europe this summer but couldn't make it. Oh well, I like surprises. Channel surfing between The 7 People You Meet In Heaven and Buffy The Vampire Slayer, I've yet to decide which is worse. Think I'll probably just turn off the TV and get back to work...until Adult Swim that is.

Hey guess what? The city is 150 years old now. I wonder how it all started out, probably something like this...
December 5, 1854 - There were men in a log cabin by the Kansas River playing poker
Man #1: I'll raise you thirty buffalo tongues. *points to a pile in the corner*
Man #2: Oh for heavens sake, they're called bison. BISON.
Man #3: I'll drop, I'm folding.
Man #4: Pussy. I'm staying.
Man #1: *has a royal flush*
Man #2: *shows cards* I've got a pair of Jacks!
Man #4: Four of a kind
Man #3: Hey, lets start a town!
Everyone: What?
Man #1: Stop trying to change the subject cuz you chickened out.
Man #3: No come one it will be fun.
Man #4: You can't just start a city, not here. Most people would just keep going on through to Oregon or California. You don't even know what you'd call it.
Man #3: I'd call it Topeka.
Man #4: Huh? What?
Man #3: It's the Native American word for a good place to grow potatoes!
[lull]
Man #1: Lame.
Man #2: Goddamn it Rodney we just finished building this cabin for the winter and now you wanna make a city. Nothin' is ever good enough for you is it? IS IT?!
[silence]
Man #2: And it's 1854, we call them Indians not Native Americans. Dumbass.


"There's a gigantic gray area between good moral behavior and outright felonious activities. I call that the Weasel Zone and it's where most of life happens."
- Scott Adams, from Dilbert and the Way of the Weasel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate