Friday, April 15, 2005

An Unusually Good Day

My car has been repaired and it did not cost nearly as much as I thought it would. "Just" $500. Also, I finally completed this hellish English portfolio for my college class. I suppose it would not have been so bad if I had not procrastinated. This time, lesson learned! I've got a little bit of homework dans francais et in AP Chem but nothing that will ruin my weekend. I was even given the opportunity to do a pH and pOH lab for extra credit. My prized Victorinox backpack has also been repaired so I can go back to stuffing it full of 50 pounds worth of books and materials.

It's that time of the year again, you can't enter the school without hearing someone mention the prom, teachers included. I'd like to spend time with Selma but I don't want to ask her to the prom because I don't want to go; I'd rather do something else. However I think she'll be disappointed if I do that. Last year I asked her the day before and she couldn't go with me because she already made plans with three of her friends. Hopefully this year she will go with them again, and we can just attended the post-prom. It was created a few years ago, I suspect as a way to prevent highschoolers from having infamous hotel parties. Basically it's just an event later that last until about 1 or 2 AM and gives students the opportunity to win expensive prizes from contest, drawings, and competitions etc. You don't need to wear a tuxedo to it and it's a lot cheaper I think so that would be my choice of entertainment. Of course you can't ask a girl out by saying "Let's do this instead; it costs less." so I'm waiting for her to make other plans for prom first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate