Thursday, September 29, 2005

My Hemorrhaging Wallet

On the elevator I overheard a girl tell someone else that she knew she was in college because her checking account was 70 bucks in the hole. I remember the first, last, and only time my account was overdrafted. It was by a $1.14 which mutated into a very scary $21.14 due to charges applied by the bank. My mother suggested I call the bank and beg them to remove the charge and just "give me a warning". I did, but even after my call and a threat to close my account the desk jockey nonchalantly replied "okay then"

I asked Mom to call instead, and when she spoke with them, they kindly complied. Why don't people ever listen to me?

Anyway that was about two years ago, and I vowed at that time to never let it happen again. I even signed up for overdraft protection (although since, I've never even come close to needing it). I keep meticulous records on all my spending habits.

Last Friday Jake ordered a pizza despite only having $40 bucks. He had a coupon, but he didn't even use it. The guy spends as if money grows on trees, and perhaps for him his family is that tree. Personally I hate having to ask for things. I'd starve if I was a bum because I'd never resort to panhandling. That, or I would just rob people. I guess I'm just too proud! *Bush chuckle*

So I nearly died when a bill arrived for me today. I owe the campus med center 20 bucks for missed appointments (way back when I had that sinus infection) When I went to view my accounts online I noticed that my balance has dropped from about 1000-something to 700-ish in just two weeks.

Under no circumstances is this ever permissible. At this rate I won't have anything left by next semester. I thought I kept things in check but when I mulled it over I could not recall purchasing anything that would do that. So from now on I'm making a conscious effort to curb my spending habits. I'll even cut down on the green tea or Dr. Pepper I usually get before class because most of the transactions I've processed seem to be little stuff under two bucks. I guess it builds up over time. From now on I'll just keep filling up my water bottle with stuff from the cafeteria. Also I guess I won't be renting as many DVDs in the future. I need to spend more time studying anyways.

I don't really have time for a job, but I suppose I could always sell more drugs. I still have a huge stockpile of "Focusin" leftover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate