Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Of Slackers and Cheats

Sometimes even the best laid plans of slackers and cheats get fucked up. My archaeology exam was today. I've been so busy with other work that I completely forgot to study for it. So I did what anyone would do in such a situation. I cheated.

Or tried to. The TA gave us a list of all the terms that would be covered by the exam so I looked all of them up in the glossary, typed it on to a sheet of paper and reduced the font to point 8. My plan was to print these out in the library and cut them out into teeny tiny rectangles that I could slide beneath my test paper. I would be able to use these cheat sheets when ever I wanted because their is a row in the back of the class that is shield by walls on two sides and is too high up for the professor to see clearly or walk past often.

Unfortunately the bus arrived late, and got stuck behind traffic so when I got to the library to print out my cheat sheet class had already started. Once in class I realized that because of his skip a space next to you rule there was only one chair left. It was right in front of the class AND it had a problem. The chair/desk combos that are bolted to the stadium like floors of the auditorium are kept in place by a single metal strut connected to the concrete floor by four metal screws. Three of mine were missing. So my chair tipped wildly back and forth and occasionally swiveled on it's one remaining screw. Needless to say I didn't bother cheating. It was a pain enough just to finish the test and maintain balance.

It turns out the test wasn't very hard. In the thirty minutes I spent making the cheat sheets I learned a lot apparently. So I really didn't need to cheat. Good thing too, this isn't high school anymore so the consequences would have been grave if I had been caught.

Guy Behind Me: "HA HA HA it's like a virtual reality ride or something!"
Me: "Oh Yeah. It's better than the DeLorean at Universal Studios."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate