Saturday, March 27, 2004

Blog Title Du Jour

Today I went to Overland Park and shopped for cars, not seriously though. It’s difficult to drive there, lots of cars and lots of streets to get lost on. The city has grown so much in recent years, they are always building new sections of town so it looks different whenever I go there. They have lots of shops I’ve never heard of and everything looks cleaner and newer. Especially the movie theaters which I loved. I saw Dawn of the Dead, and boy was I surprised. Horror movies are the one film genre I’m not so fond of (though I watch them anyway). However this movie was great, I was never truly frightened but I was grossed out at times (the baby zombie, ho gets chainsawed). The reason I liked it so much because it was funny. Dawn of the Dead also turned out to have some of the best characters I’ve seen in a while. Too bad all the good ones died, I also love any movies that have an apocalyptic feel to them. Most of the zombie flicks I’ve seen just had one undead creature or like a graveyard full. This one seemed to include a whole state. I’m probably the only one who feels this way but I think a situation like that might be fun. It would be like a license to burn whatever you want. Also steal, pillage, rape, plunder, loot etc. I also went to On The Border, a Mexican restaurant and got a chicken fajita. So yeah, it was a good day. Maybe next time I’ll go see Scooby-Doo 2 you know, assuming it’s not to terrifying. I also washed Rocky today. Yuck, there are few smells worse than wet dog. I wanted to dry him off with the hair dryer but he attacks it every time I turn it on. So he had to be toweled and left outside to air dry.

"There can be only one." - Highlander

"The word I'm searching for.... I can't say because there's preschool toys present." - Woody, Toy Story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate