Sunday, March 28, 2004

It Was The Season of Light...

Last night around 12:30 the rest of my family returned from their Chicago trip. They were all impressed by the sights, the sounds and yes, the smells of big city life. They brought me a Hard Rock Café shirt with Chicago on it. Maybe I’ll start a vacation T-shirt collection. I have so many collections already my favorites including holographic art and international coins; but hey you can never accumulate too much material crap that means nothing at the end of your life. Liz talked about the valet parking guy that she called ballet by accident and the policemen who rode horses in the city. It really is a cool city, I wish I had gone and taken some pictures but I had work to do here which I somehow kept putting off.

Today it was bright and sunny, ah spring time, I did manage to get some pictures of the beautiful flora around here. There was actually enough light out to snap some good photos without the flash. Pictures will be up soon I promise, hey came through on the links for all the people who linked me (if I forgot you just tell me). My mom planted some rose bushes in the back yard today. She had a large rose garden at my Dad’s house but after she left no one took care of the roses any more so they withered up and died or were strangled by thick weeds that grew around the bottom. Now if only that would happen to the giant hibiscus flowers in the neighbor’s yard I wouldn’t have to worry about bumble bees the size of golf balls chasing me. Just kidding, I like Mrs. Mason’s garden. It smells nice and is enclosed by an attractive iron fence. Think secret garden. In the summer I used to help her water it, the bees were a problem though next time I’ll just have to bring a baseball bat with me.

"Wait a minute. Who elected you leader of this outfit?"
"Well Pete, I figured it should be the with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote." -- O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate