Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve

And now the true meaning of Christmas. It's going to be a death match people Kris Kringle AKA "Santa Claus" has his foot ready to place firmly up J.C.'s stocking. Jesus H Christ squares off against the fat man on mission to put the CHRIST back in Christmas where it belongs. It's going to be a fight to the death, and like most death matches there can be ONLY ONE! Stay tuned.

All I REALLY want for Christmas is. . .Well never mind, the moment has passed. So much for this being a sentimental post.

Luke 2: 1-7
Not many people can teach you important religious lessons, AND fly x-wings in their spare time.

Derrick arrived from Manhattan around noon today. We ate a very Thanksgiving like dinner then watched Collateral and Napoleon Dynamite. I thought Collateral would suck but it turned out to be a brilliant film. I thought Napoleon Dynamite would be great but it turned out to be kind of mediocre. Still liked it though. To my horror Mom purchased the first Karaoke game to help her get over the boredom caused by a paucity of new songs in the second karaoke. Now Liz and Mom have begun torturing us again, I thought mom was a bed singer but Liz is even worse. She sounds like an alley cat that is getting mauled to death by a dog…...and the cat has a sore throat from smoking too much. I sought refuge in my room and played games on Newgrounds.com until it was time to go to Church. Everyone went with an exception of Derrick who was sleeping.

The entire congregation sang songs, a few members sang solo songs and Pastor Janice read some interesting sermons. At the end we all lit candles to symbolize the birth of Jesus, the light of the world. It looked really beautiful. We were concerned about giving Elle a candle for obvious reasons but she behaved herself, probably better than I would have at her age. The advent wreath was beautiful and the Candle lighting Litany was nice.

After that we went home and opened presents (except for Derrick who wouldn’t wake up) I got some cool things (like the nice telescope I’ve wanted for some time) it was too cold outside to use though, even with my coat on. I also received the guitar stand I needed, and a travel guide for Europe. So there was some cool stuff, unfortunately the vast majority of my gifts were multifarious articles of clothing. I was not thrilled about this specifically because I said didn’t want any clothes and even more specifically because I said I hated the lighter Khaki pants (only fags wear those; I'm going to work not a Backstreet Boys concert!). Mom knew this, but got them anyway because she “likes the way I look in them”. Trash. If the receipt isn’t there so I can exchange them for darker brown ones that is where they are going. I would like to say I don’t give to get but I suppose that is not really true. I think everyone was pleased with the gifts I gave them, and for one simple reason. I got them what the asked for as opposed to what I thought they needed. That’s how it works folks. On the plus side I got a $25 Best Buy gift card from my…..step-aunts and step uncle? Melody and Max. I’ll be sending them a really nice thank you letter, perhaps something else too.


What Flavour Are You? Hmmm... Tastes like Chicken.Hmmm... Tastes like Chicken.


Am I chicken? Am I a frog? Am I human? All unfamiliar meats taste like chicken, and that's what I am, an unfamiliar meat. What Flavour Are You?


Pastor: “-Let us pray for those who are not well in mind or body-“
Me: “Or both.....”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate