Monday, January 24, 2005

Random Stuff For Sunday

For lunch Dad and I ate at Chili's. He got buffalo wings at I decide to try the new build your own big mouth burger special. It's really cool you just go down this list and check off everything you want on your burger right down to the way it's cooked, then give it to the server.

I finally got around to seeing that Tivoed episode of Lost. This episode focused primarily on Michael and his son. It was eerier how much they reminded of my family. Not just because they're black but because of their behavior. The conflict with Michael and his son reminds me of my own relationship with my Dad. His name is Michael to by the way, strange. Also the part the kid's Mother moving away, and remarrying, that was familiar too. The kid reminds me a lot of myself at that age but now I think I relate more to Locke, aka Baldy. Anyway, if you didn't see the show there isn't much point in explaining it. Lost is brilliant but I think some of the writers are stupid. The monster on the island is ridiculous. You can't have an invisible monster, you just can't. There is no way to explain it. No way to explain it without the show losing it's credibility and turning into something only extreme nerds like me could tolerate.

Had to work today and as usual I had to put up with the asshole customers and pushy bosses at work. If I had to list my favorite managers from favorite to least favorite it would go: Jared, Jen, Frederick, Katie. I like Jared because he's cool, he bugs us about selling stuff the most but it's generally positive motivation and once he got us all pizza. Jen doesn't hound us so much on sales but I want to work hard for her just because she is so sweet. There's just something about Frederick that creeps me out. I don't know what it is. He's a sneaky one. As for Katie, well to put it simply she is a hard ass. She also oversees the other three. I don't know what it is about women in positions of power but it just seems to go to their heads, and I'm not being sexist. I'm a pretty open minded person but time after time I see this happening and it's impossible to ignore now. Don't take my word for it? Then draw on your own experiences. Hasn't the female boss always been the worst to work under? I admit there are a few exceptions but generally, I think even you ladies will agree.

A customer today told me that he wanted to use a coupon even though it expired months ago because he was in the hospital and couldn't use it. Okay, that sounds fair in theory but how come when my dog actually does eat my homework (or destroy it by other means) do I not get credit for it at school? If you could prove to me some way that you were injured and incapable of using the coupon then maybe but no all I have is your word to go on. I tried to use the coupon anyway just because I didn't want to argue but the computer wouldn't accept it or allow an override so the customer starts screaming at me. Luckily Jared came over and told the customer it could now only be used for 5% off instead of 10% off. The computer still wouldn't accept it so I just marked the item down manually.

Another woman who came through my with her family seemed normal. Everything was going okay until I handed her her receipt and she looked at me with her hands on her fat hips and said: "You've got an attitude bub!" What the hell made her say that? I treated her nicely. Asked her all the things I was supposed to. Not even the tone of my voice was suggestive of someone with an attitude. Unless she was referring to the attitude of someone about to pass out from lack of sleep. Certainly not a grumpy one though, and who uses the word "bub"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate