Tuesday, April 19, 2005

What Happened?

Not much of interest happening now. Just homework mostly, I have a 78% AP Chem, so close to a B *sigh* I've decided to do the extra credit project to boost my grade up to a B if that's possible. French class is going surprising well, thanks in part to sitting next to Jackie and talking to the exchange student. I was disappointed with my English portfolio though, I thought I had done a really good job on it and he said something along the lines of "The bare minimum wouldn't suffice at universities." He gave me back my papers with plenty of black ink (don't they usually use red?) and gave me the opportunity to redo and resubmit them on Friday. Hey said that I was "a smart kid", I always wonder why people say that. Unless I'm with someone who is clearly a moron I never feel brainy, maybe they say it because they think I'm stupid and they don't want to discourage me further. Or maybe I'm being paranoid; maybe both?

I finally got around to watching Sideways, I had planned to watch it with Dad seeing as how he likes wine so much but he fell asleep too early and I needed to bring it back the next day for a $1.00 credit towards my next rental. I can't believe how early he goes to be d now, and how early he gets up. It may be a sign of old age. . . . . Anyway, perhaps it's best he didn't see it. They dissed Merlot, which occupies 1/3 of Dad's collection. I got tired of seeing peoples (just MEN actually) pale hairy asses in the air every 20 minutes too. There were some relatively attractive women in the movie but unless you like fat chicks you're going to be disappointed with the sex scenes.

Sideways was funny but not funny in your typical movie sort of way. It's more like your friend just told you a funny story that about what happened to him last weekend. You won't laugh your ass off if you rent it but you're sure to smirk. The person who played Miles' mother was perfect. She reminded me of my grandmother, and probably every middle aged person's mother. Very stereotypical. Seeing Paul Giamatti & Thomas Haden Church together felt like watching a sequel to Miami Vice in which Phillip Michael Thomas became white and Don Johnson had aged significantly.

It's unlikely I'll have much time to watch TV, rent or go to movies in a while. High School is almost finished (wow) and I intend to finish strong. Second semester is traditionally the time of year when I drop the 'L' from my key name (Get it? Like pen name except key cuz...yeah) LSOB, and just become a SOB. In some cases, a HWSOB hard working son of a blogger. Though such instances are rare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate