Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Move Over Al Bundy

Tonight was the first time I actually got to make some shoe sales instead of just shuffle boxes back in the dim, dusty stock room. I must say I did pretty well, I made no where near the number of sales that the women's section gets, but then no one really ever does.

let me count the ways this job is better than my old one:
1. Time, though I always try to arrive in a timely manner sometimes I don't make it. The store allows me to be five minutes early or late as opposed to the old, rigid on-the-dot method.
2. $1.30 that's how much more money I make per hour
3. Huge ass discount
4. Slower paced; lines at the mall never extend out into the parkinglot and almost to Bed Bath & Beyond like they did at Big Bad Buy.
5. I can walk around. I don't have to spend hours standing in two square feet.
6. The mall is full of hotties. No explanation needed.
7. Lots of cool co-workers. The guy next to me in men's suits has the same last name as I do. Just a note.

I'm a lean mean sandal sellin' machine. So glad to be out of the women's stockroom with it's thousands of similar shoes and Italian names. If I had to read one more Gia-this or Mila-that I was gonna puke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

© 2005 Sojourner Nate